Physical Planning Department
Mensah-Aggrey Emmanuel Jr
(DISTRICT PHYSICAL PLANNING OFFICER)
ACTIVITIES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Advise the District Assembly on national policies on physical planning, land use and development.
- Coordinate activities and projects of departments and other agencies including Non-Governmental Organizations to ensure compliance with planning standards.
- Prepare spatial plans as a guide for the formulation of development policies and decisions in the district.
- Facilitate and participate in research and public education in planning and human settlement development in the District.
- Assist to prepare a District Land-Use plan to guide activities in the district.
- Advise on the conditions for the construction of public and private building and structures.
- Ensure the prohibition of the construction of new buildings unless building plans submitted have been approved by the Assembly.
- Advise the Assembly on the siting of bill boards, masts and ensure compliance with the decisions on the Assembly.
- Advice on the acquisition of landed property in the public interest and undertake street addressing and related issues.