The Suaman District Assembly was established in 2012 by the Local Government (Suaman District Assembly) (Establishment) Instrument, L.I 2016 under the then Local Government Law, 1988 P.N.D.C.L 207 (now replaced by the Local Government Act 1993, Act 462). Suaman District was curved out to stand alone as a District called Suaman District Assembly.
An efficient and reputable district with continuous improved living standards for its people.
The District Assembly exist to improve upon the quality of life of its people through efficient and effective planning in partnership with other stakeholders for sustainable utilisation of resources.
- The overall development of the district and shall ensure preparation and submission of development plans through the Western Regional Co-ordination Council (WRCC).
- Formulation and execution of plans for effective mobilisation of resources necessary for development.
- Development of basic infrastructure and services in the district.
- Initiation and encouragement of participation with other persons or bodies in the execution of development plans.
- Ensure ready access to courts in the district for the promotion of justice.
- Promotion and support productive and social development in the District by removing obstacles and bottlenecks that impede development.